Pet Travel to New Zealand
Most Experienced International Pet Transport
At Pets Abroad UK, we want to make sure that your move overseas is a stress-free process for you and your furry friend. We have offices in London and all across New Zealand, so our team will take care of your pet at both ends of your journey. We now have office locations in New Zealand on the north island and south island.
For many years, Pets Abroad UK has been providing international pet travel services from the United Kingdom to New Zealand (and in reverse). With our experienced professionals, you can rest assured that your pet is in the most capable hands. Taking care of your loved one’s comfort and safety is our number one priority.
Pets Abroad UK works with 90% of the largest and smallest airlines across the globe, including Air New Zealand. We will always find the most direct route, so you will be reunited with your cat or dog before you know it. Depending on your situation, we can provide airport-to-airport service, door-to-door service, or a tailor-maid solution for you.
- Specialist advice from a dedicated pet travel consultant.
- Manage bookings for your pet on the most direct route to your destination, includes flights.
- Help to select the best travel crate size for your pet.
- Options to buy or hire an airline-approved travel crate from our IATA specified stock.
- Allow time for your pet to acclimatise to their travel crate before moving day.
- Advice and schedules for pre-import blood tests and vaccinations (including rabies).
- Endorsements and vet checks with overseas animal health authorities.
- Arrange a comfort stop for your furry friend before boarding flights.
- Options for road transport in our temperature-controlled pet travel vans.
- Book quarantine space in either Christchurch or Auckland.
- Assist with import permits.
- Provide photo updates of your pet before take-off, and check-in with you once they’ve arrived safely.
We understand that a lot is going on when relocating pets overseas, so it is our job to make the process as simple as possible. When you choose Pets Abroad UK for your international pet transport service to New Zealand, your furry friend will have a safe and sound journey.
At Pets Abroad UK, we believe in creating the best possible experience for you and your pets. That is why all international customers fly under our International Service Guarantee. We designed this guarantee to ensure your peace of mind. By choosing Pets Abroad UK for your pet’s international arrangements, we take the stress out of your move to New Zealand. As a member of the IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), we have trusted pet travel partners in every part of the world.
Banned Pet Breeds in New Zealand
New Zealand is a country known for being friendly to people and animals. However, there are strict regulations in place for importing pets to the country to protect their native flora and fauna. Under the Dog Control Act, it is illegal to import the following breeds of dogs into New Zealand:
- American Pit Bull Terrier
- Dogo Argentino
- Brazilian Fila
- Japanese Tosa
- Perro de Presa Canario
Pets Fly Like Us
Transporting your pet by air is the quickest and most efficient way of moving your pet to or from New Zealand with the least amount of hassle. For international flights, live animals travel in the cargo cabin, which is pressurised just like the cabin you fly in. The captain of the plane knows your pet is on board and keeps the air-conditioning set to a comfortable 18ºC.
All animals imported into New Zealand from the UK must be quarantined for a minimum of 10 days at an MPI-approved quarantine facility. These facilities employ caring staff and veterinarians to monitor the health and wellbeing of your cat or dog. After this period and a final veterinary inspection, your pet is cleared for entry into New Zealand.
Call Pets Abroad UK now on 0800 002 9110 or +44208 979 3124 to start planning your pet’s journey to or from the UK.
Want to know more? Learn about our Care Code
Members of IPATA
We are members of IPATA (International Pet and Animal Transport Association), which ensures that we have trusted travel partners in every country of the world to ensure Any Animal, Anywhere, Anytime philosophy is maintained with the same high levels of care that we offer.